Isopropyl Ethyl Thionocarbamate (IPETC) Industry - Overall Industry Analysis
Progressive Markets published a report, “Isopropyl Ethyl Thionocarbamate (IPETC) Industry - Size, Trend, Share, Opportunity Analysis & Forecast, 2016-2022”, which says that the market was valued at around 97.7 million USD in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 3.2% in the coming years to reach about 121.0 million USD in 2022.
Thionocarbamates are oily liquids that work well in alkaline flotation circuits (pH7-12), especially with porphyritic copper, Cu/Mo, Cu/Au. They are extremely efficient as primary zinc collectors where iron sulfides are a problem. Isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate (IPET or IPETC) is one of the thionocarbamates. A strong chemical reagent, it is used as a mining collector for metallic sulfide ores. The mercaptan component in it often enhances the flotation of tarnished and slightly oxidized minerals and makes this product a good metallic element collector. Isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate also provides good selectivity against pyrite in sulfide flotation and offers great flotation response to several copper minerals, including chalcopyrite, bornite, chalcocite, and covellite. The compound is often used as a single collector; however, a xanthate reagent can be used as a partial replacement.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
A detailed analysis of the opportunities and restraints affecting the isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate market is provided in the study. The increasing maturity of the manufacturing technologies of the compound, as well as the decrease in the production cost of high-quality ethyl thionocarbamate, provide opportunities for the market growth. Moreover, the product is one of the first selective collectors to replace the xanthates and provides good recovery and better selectivity in several applications. This allows scope for the product consumption to increase. As isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate is eco-friendly and there has been a growing consumer trend for green and eco-friendly processes in the recent years, its demand is expected to grow. With the increasingly strict environmental regulations and environment protection awareness, isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate manufacturers face much pressure. In addition, there are many cheaper alternatives to isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate which are used as a collector in the mining industry. Furthermore, the high price has affected consumers’ purchase will and the dosage of isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate in China is rather small. Fluctuation of the US dollar and other foreign currencies may affect the competitiveness of the domestic players. Other factors that may affect the industry negatively include stringent government regulations, elevating product qualities, and trade protection.
Isopropyl Ethyl Thionocarbamate (IPETC) Market Segmentation:
The report provides a detailed analysis of the market based on type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into super-class, first-class, and second class. Based on application, the market is split into copper glance, iron pyrite, copper pyrite, molybdenum sulfide ore, Pb-Zn sulfide ores, and zinc sulfide ores. The analysis covers the regions such as China, North America, and Australia.
- Super class
- First class
- Second class
- Copper Glance
- Iron Pyrite
- Copper Pyrite
- Molybdenum Sulfide Ore
- Pb-Zn sulfide Ores
- Zinc Sulfide Ores
- North America
Key Market Players:
Details about the key players operating in the market are also provided in the report. They include Solvay (Belgium), SNF FloMin (USA), Moly-Cop (Australia), CTC (Canada), Shandong Xinchang (China), Yantai Humon (China), Qixia Tongda (China), Shenyang Youyan (China), Qingdao Lnt (China), Qingdao Ruchang (China), and Qingdao Sunrun (China).
Key Benefits from the Report:
- The report provides a basic overview of the isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate industry including market size, market share, market dynamics, manufacturing technology, economic impact, seven analysis industry chain, market forecast, and company profiles.
- The report helps market players, new entrants, shareholders and investors to develop strategies, marketing goals and business decisions based on the actionable market intelligence.
- The charts, statistics, and graphs are provided to add further clarity to the data in the report.
- The isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate market size explains the overall volume of the market while the market share analysis tells about how each player is performing in the industry as compared to their competitors.
- The market dynamics which incorporates the market opportunities and challenges help analyze the causes of the rise and fall of the market.
- The report also includes details about the major players providing solutions in the isopropyl ethyl thionocarbamate industry. They adopt key strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, launches, partnerships, and more to grow and achieve a competitive edge in the market.